We’ve now tried and tested this great NEW dermalogica rapid reveal peel and we’re here for it!
This professional grade do-it-at-home ‘chemical’ skin peel is a world-first – and we can see this becoming quite a trend. High quality skin care being able to be done at home, and at a reasonable price? Yes please!
But how do you use it? How does it work? DOES it work? Don’t stress! We’ve got you!
HOW TO USE THE DERMALOGICA RAPID REVEAL PEEL
PLEASE NOTE: If you’re using this product, please ONLY use at night, and using this AHA based peel means that you HAVE to wear sunscreen for at least the 2 days after each use. Don’t risk not following this! You will damage your skin and age it rapidly.
- Cleanse your face well. Some have suggested a double cleanse, but our feeling is take off any makeup with your remover or micellar water and then wash with a good foaming cleanser. Pat dry after your wash and make sure you have washed off all the soap.
- Massage the FULL tube of Dermalogica Rapid Reveal Peel into your face and neck. It will apply pretty much like a mask. Make sure you go right to the hair line and down to the collarbone. And be careful to avoid your lips, eyes and any super sensitive parts of your face (For me, my corners of my mouth are very susceptible to dryness, so I leave it off the 5mm around my mouth)
- Leave the peel on for 3 – 7 minutes to activate and eat through that old, dry, dead skin and work on the glow. You will feel the peel dry a bit and it may tingle and feel quite warm.
- Wash off the peel with COLD water or wipe it off with a cool, damp towel (make sure you get it all!) and pat dry with a CLEAN towel.
- Apply a good quality skin serum on after use (dermalogica makes some awesome more high range options, such as the biolumin-c serum otherwise there are some local brands that do offer more budget friendly serums)
- Leave out toning on the nights that you’re going to be doing the peels.
- Moisturize as usual. I am currently using a night cream – but a normal moisturizer will be great too.
- And lastly, always finish off your night routine with a good pump of your magical dermalogica sound sleep cocoon night gel to lock everything in to place and help you get that good nights rest.
As it says on the product, use 3 nights in a row, and then switch up to once a week!
You can add this to your ‘Love Me’ #SelfcareSunday Routine – which helps you keep track of your usage. You should see instant results after the first 3 applications! And after 8 weeks, you’re going to be looking and feeling amazing!
This product is available NOW in South Africa from dermalogica Online, a Concept Store and affiliated stores nationwide. As mentioned, retailing at R1495 for the 30ml travel pack (individually packaged as 5ml tubes, and comes with a cool bag) the product works out to be R150 a use! You deserve nice things!
P.S. This product is vegan and animal cruelty free. dermalogica has NEVER taken part and WILL never take part in animal testing.
Love your skin, and Stay Golden x
Disclaimer: Although this product was part of a press pack after attending an event, The Social Needia has reviewed this product over a 4 week period and the opinions are of our own. No money has been exchanged for this review, nor was a positive outcome in a review form promised. You can read our full review on this product here